This website, https://www.serveawish.org (the "Website"), is owned & operated by Serve-A-Wish (Servengers India Private Limited).
1) What are cookies? Cookies are a small text files that are stored in your web browser that allows Serve-A-Wish or a third party to recognize you.
Cookies can be used to collect, store and share bits of information about your activities across websites, including on Serve-A-Wish website.
Cookies might be used for the following purposes:
• To enable certain functions
• To provide analytics
• To store your preferences
• To enable ad delivery and behavioral advertising
Serve-A-Wish uses both session cookies and persistent cookies.
A session cookie is used to identify a particular visit to our Website. These cookies expire after a short time, or when you close your web browser after using our Website. We use these cookies to identify you during a single browsing session, such as when you log into our Website.
A persistent cookie will remain on your devices for a set period of time specified in the cookie. We use these cookies where we need to identify you over a longer period of time. For example, we would use a persistent cookie if you asked that we keep you signed in.
3) What are your cookies options? If you don't like the idea of cookies or certain types of cookies, you can change your browser's settings to delete cookies that have already been set and to not accept new cookies. To learn more about how to do this, visit the help pages of your browser.
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or do not accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Where can I find more information about cookies?
To learn more about cookies, please read "What Are Cookies". mentioned below in detail.
4) WHAT ARE THEY ? Cookies are small data files that are issued to your device when you visit a website and that store information about your use of a service. Pixel tags (which are also called clear GIFs, web beacons, or pixels) are little snippets of code or tiny images embedded on websites and in email that help us learn how you interact with our site and emails.
6) HOW THEY WORK? When you visit Serve-A-wish, our web server sends a cookie to your device, which allows us to recognize your device (but not the specific person using it). By associating the identification numbers in the cookies with other account information when, for example, you log in to the Services, we know that the cookie information relates to your user account. Similarly, pixel tags on Serve-A-wish and in email communications help us identify how your device is being used to interact with Serve-A-wish materials. Some of the tags and cookies used by our Services are served by us, and some are served by trusted partners who are delivering services on our behalf.
Some examples of the types of cookies and other technologies Serve-A-Wish uses:
Cookies also help keep Serve-A-Wish secure by enabling security features and allowing us to detect activity that might violate our rules and terms of service.
Serve-A-wish uses authentication cookies and similar technologies to tell us when you’re logged in to Serve-A-Wish. This lets us show you personalized views related to your interests and connect you with projects you may already have backed.
Some cookies help us provide localized experiences — for example, by making sure you see Serve-A-wish in your preferred language.
11) PERFORMANCE Performance cookies help us route traffic between servers and understand how Serve-A-wish is performing, so we can provide you with the best experience possible.