Disclaimer: Serve-A-wish does not promote equity or lending based fund raising. We just deal in ‘donation’ and ‘reward’ based fund raising.
Serve-A-Wish is a proven way to collect small amount of ‘contributions’ from a large number of people however this is not any kind of business or income opportunity. We try to accelerate your fund raising with our innovative methods but being a part of Serve-A-wish or any of the campaigns is ‘purely optional’.
Our Contribution system is purely based on Serve-A-Wish and we make no claims or guarantees of contributions that your project will receive. Each individual’s project success depends largely on his or her commitment, desire and personal efforts. Once the contribution is made, you cannot retrieve it back so please go through the system carefully before deciding to contribute.
We DO NOT offer any investment options or any returns on investments and any claims made by any of the person should be duly verified by sending an email to email@example.com
We encourage you to participate as well as we encourage you to take an informed decision. Your contribution that you donate to your invited person’s project and is purely optional, non-refundable and a personal choice.
In these Terms, we refer to those raising funds as “Campaign Owners” and to their fundraising campaigns as “Campaigns.” We refer to those contributing funds as “Contributors” and to the funds they contribute as “Contributions.” Campaign Owners, Contributors and other visitors to the Services are referred to collectively as “Users.”
Serve-A-Wish is a Venue
Serve-A-Wish is an online Serve-A-Wish venue for people and entities seeking to raise funds for their own Campaigns and to contribute to the Campaigns of others. Campaign Owners can offer gifts or rewards in the form of tangible items or intangible services (collectively, “Perks”) to Contributors. Perks are not offered for sale. Serve-A-Wish makes no representations about the quality, safety, morality or legality of any Campaign, Perk or Contribution or the truth or accuracy of User Content (as defined below) posted on the Services. Serve-A-Wish does not represent that Campaign Owners will deliver Perks or that Contributions will be used as described in the Campaign. Users use the Services at their own risk.
These Services are on a Platform, We are not a Broker, Financial Institution, Creditor or Charitable Institution: The Services are an administrative platform only. Serve-A-Wish facilitates the Donation transaction between Campaign Organizers and Donors, but is not a party to any agreement between a Campaign Organizer and a Donor, or between any user and a Charity. Serve-A-Wish is not a broker, agent, financial institution, creditor or insurer for any user. Serve-A-Wish has no control over the conduct of, or any information provided by a Campaign Organizer or a Charity, and Serve-A-Wish hereby disclaims all liability in this regard.
Serve-A-Wish does not guarantee that a Campaign or a Charity will obtain a certain amount of Donations or any Donations at all. We do not personally endorse any Campaign, Campaign Organizer, or Charity, and we make no guarantee, explicit or implied, that any information provided through the Services by a user is accurate. We expressly disclaim any liability or responsibility for the success of any Campaign, or the outcome of any fundraising purpose. You, as a Donor, must make the final determination as to the value and appropriateness of contributing to any Campaign, Campaign Organizer, or Charity.
We do not and cannot verify the information that Campaign Organizers supply, nor do we guarantee that the Donations will be used in accordance with any fundraising purpose prescribed by a Campaign Organizer or Charity. We assume no responsibility to verify whether the Donations are used in accordance with any applicable laws, and such responsibility rests solely with the Campaign Organizer or Charity, as applicable. While we have no obligation to verify that the use of any funds raised is in accordance with applicable law and these Terms of Service, we take possible fraudulent activity and the misuse of funds raised very seriously. If you have reason to believe that a Campaign Organizer or Charity is not raising or using the funds for their stated purpose, please use the “Report” button on the Campaign or Charity to alert our team of this potential issue and we will investigate.
Eligibility to Use the Services
Users under 18 years of age are not eligible to use the Services without consent. Users between the ages of 13 and 17, can use the Services with the consent and supervision of a parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years old, provided such parent or legal guardian also agrees to be bound by the Terms and agrees to be responsible for such use of the Services. Users suspended from using the Services are not eligible to use the Services. Serve-A-Wish reserves the right to refuse use of the Services to anyone and to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove or suspend any Campaign, Contribution, or the Services at any time for any reason without liability.
You, as a Campaign Organizer, represent, warrant, and covenant that (i) all information you provide in connection with a Campaign is accurate, complete, and not otherwise designed to mislead, defraud or deceive any user and (ii) all Donations contributed to your Campaign will be used solely as described in the materials that you post and (iii) you will comply with all relevant local, state, and federal laws applicable to you when you solicit funds, particularly but not limited to laws relating to your marketing and solicitation for your project. We reserve the right to provide information relating to your Campaign with donors and beneficiaries of your Campaign, and with law enforcement or to assist in any investigation.
Member Account, Password and Security: You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, if any, and are fully responsible for any and all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify Serve-A-Wish of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you sign out from your account at the end of each session when accessing the Services. Serve-A-Wish will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
Campaign Owners are not permitted to create a Campaign to raise funds for illegal activities, to cause harm to people or property, or to scam others. If the Campaign is claiming to do the impossible or it’s just plain phony, don’t post it. Users must comply with all applicable laws and regulations in connection with their Campaigns, including offering Perks and using Contributions. Campaign Owners shall not make any false or misleading statements in connection with their Campaigns.
User Conduct: You are solely responsible for all Campaign descriptions, comments, video, images, information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, messages or other materials (“content”) that you upload, post, publish or display (hereinafter, “upload”) or transmit or otherwise use via the Services. The following are examples of the kind of content and/or use that is illegal or prohibited by Serve-A-Wish. However, this list is not exhaustive and Serve-A-Wish reserves the right to investigate anyone by engaging public and private organizations, including, but not limited to collection agents, private investigators, and local, state, federal and international agencies, and take appropriate action against anyone who, in Serve-A-Wish’s sole discretion, violates any of the terms or spirit of these Terms of Service (or the principles described in our preamble hereto), including, without limitation, removing the offending content, suspending or terminating the account of such violators, stopping payments to any such Campaign, freezing donated funds when Serve-A-Wish reasonably believes it to be required by applicable law, and reporting you to the law enforcement authorities or otherwise taking appropriate legal action. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree to not use the Services to:
- Establish or contribute to any Campaign with the implicit or express purpose relating to any of the following:
- Any activity that violates any law or governmental regulation
- Content or campaigns that are fraudulent, misleading, inaccurate or dishonest
- Illegal drugs, narcotics, steroids, controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety or any related paraphernalia
- Knives, explosives, ammunition, firearms, or other weaponry or accessories
- Annuities, investments, equity or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or similar transactions, money service businesses (including currency exchanges, check cashing or the like), debt collection or crypto-currencies
- Gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize, including, but not limited to casino games, sports betting, fantasy sports, horse or greyhound racing, lottery tickets, other ventures that facilitate gambling, games of skill or chance (whether or not it is legally defined as a lottery) or sweepstakes
- The promotion of hate, violence, harassment, discrimination or terrorism, or racial, ethnic, or gender intolerance of any kind
- Activities with, in, or involving countries, regions, governments, persons, or entities (including but not limited to Specially Designated Nationals) that are subject to U.S. economic sanctions, unless authorized by the Office of Foreign Assets Control, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Human trafficking or exploitation.
- Pornography or other sexual content.
- Offensive, graphic, perverse or sensitive content.
- The defense or support of anyone alleged to be involved in criminal activity.
- Offering monetary rewards, including gift cards.
- Funding an abortion.
- Ending the life of an animal.
- Transactions for the sale of items before the seller has control or possession of the item
- Collection of payments on behalf of merchants by payment processors or otherwise or credit repair or debt settlement services.
- Transmit or otherwise upload any content that (i) infringes any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any party. (ii) you do not have a right to upload under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (iii) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment (iv) poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person (v) constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, commercial activities and/or sales, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” “contests,” “sweepstakes,” or any other form of solicitation or (vi) in the sole judgment of Serve-A-Wish, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Services, or which may expose Serve-A-Wish or its users to any harm or liability of any type or
- Interfere with or disrupt the Services or servers or networks connected to the Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Services or
- Harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Services by electronic or other means.
Campaign Owners are not permitted to offer or provide any of the following as a Perk:
- Any form of “security” (as such term is defined in the Securities Act of 1933)
- Any form of financial incentive or participation in Any profit sharing
- Any alcoholic consumer products (vouchers or memberships offering physical delivery of alcoholic consumer products are permitted)
- Any controlled substance or drug paraphernalia
- Any weapons, ammunition and related accessories
- Any form of lottery or gambling
- Any form of air transportation or any items promoting hate, discrimination, personal injury, death, damage, or destruction to property or any items (a) prohibited by applicable law to possess or distribute, (b) that would violate applicable law if distributed, or (c) that would result in infringement or violation of another person’s rights if distributed.
Serve-A-Wish is not a place for hatred, abuse, discrimination, disrespect, profanity, meanness, harassment, or spam. Do not:
- Use the Services to promote violence, degradation, subjugation, discrimination or hatred against individuals or groups based on race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity
- post images or videos that are sexually explicit or post links to sites that contain sexually explicit material or show people or animals being hurt or degraded
- Spam the comments sections or other Users with offers of goods and services or inappropriate messages
- Engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the proper working of the Services or any activities conducted on the Services or take any action that imposes, in Serve-A-Wish’s sole discretion, an unreasonable load on Serve-A-Wish’s infrastructure.
Serve-A-Wish reserves the right to remove Campaigns and terminate User Accounts for such activities.